Delicious! Best Apple Pie in Ocean and Monmouth County, New Jersey
Well, we always hear it's one of the foundations of American cooking, the apple pie. Nothing beats a good old-fashioned apple pie and whether you top it with whipped cream, ice cream, or nothing, it's a fantastic dessert any time of year.
According to the pie council, "$700 million in pies (approx. 186 million units) are sold in grocery stores every year. This does not include restaurants, food service or price clubs, only."
The "pie council" also listed the most popular pies and as I would have assumed, apple pie is at the top of the list when it becomes the most popular type of pie.
- Nearly one out of five (19%) of Americans prefer apple pie
- pumpkin (13%)
- pecan (12%)
- banana cream (10%)
- cherry (9%)
So let's break down the "best" locations for apple pie in Ocean and Monmouth Counties. This information comes from YELP and is based on their most popular "apple pie" locations according to their reviews and ratings.
9. Wallach's Farm Market and Deli in Toms River
8. Baked On The Beach in Surf City
7. Twin Pond Farm Country Market in Howell
6. Emery's Farm in New Egypt
5. Sunburst Pie in Manasquan
4. Mike's Crumb Cake Factory in Brick Township
3. Delicious Orchard's in Colts Neck
2. Battleview Orchards in Freehold
1. Country Corner Farm Market in Ship Bottom
In addition "pie council" sid "Pie just isn’t for after-dinner dessert. Thirty-five percent of Americans say they’ve had pies for breakfast. Pies as lunch (66%) and midnight snacks (59%) also have a popular following."
So where do you get your favorite apple pie? besides your own kitchen? let us know and share your choices and recommendations. We always encourage your input and voice to let us know where you love to go locally and in this case, for delicious apple pie.
LOOK: 34 spooky dessert recipes for this Halloween