New Jersey Attraction Honored as Best in America By USA Today
USA Today asked their travel experts and writers to weigh in on "the best New Jersey attractions" and a Jersey Shore favorite was voted number one!
It started with 20 nominees and was narrowed down to a top 10 for the popular vote.
Let's check out the top 10:
10. Thomas Edison National Historic Park - West Orange
9. Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park - Paterson
8. Cape May County Park & Zoo - Cape May
7. Lucy the Elephant - Margate
6. NJ Audubon Cape May Bird Observatory - Cape May
5. Pier 13 - Hoboken
4. Wildwoods Boardwalk - Wildwoods
3. Grounds For Sculpture - Hamilton
2. Battleship New Jersey Museum & Memorial - Camden
Congrats to Asbury Park's Silverball Museum for taking the top spot on USA Today's list!
Silverball was up against some major contenders including the Cape May Zoo and Pier 13 in Hoboken.
The gaming museum is also the only attraction from Monmouth or Ocean that made the final cut.
The Silverball Museum Arcade is a living, breathing, and blinking tribute to our pinball and video gaming past.
At any given time, Silverball has 600 games in rotation.
That way you can play your favorites and find some new ones, too.
There's something about the combination of greasy food from the cafe and retro games that brings everybody to their happy place.
Did I ever tell you I ran into Governor Chris Christie at Silverball?
What NJ 'attraction' do you think deserves to be on this top 10? Let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org.